We are always interested in receiving CVs from talented individuals who would like to contribute to the future of our firm. Please send your CV to Jonathan Clegg, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Job ID: PCSolicitor Closing Date: 20/12/2018
Position: Solicitor/Private Client Practioner
Department: Private Client
Responsible to: Partner & Private Client Manager
Hours: 37 Hours per week
Provide effective and efficient service to clients regarding Probate administration, Will preparation, Lasting Powers of Attorney (Enduring Powers of Attorney) and Court of Protection matters.
You will work in accordance with the firm’s Core Values, which are
Excellence, Ownership Integrity Teamwork Respect
1. Attend clients and take instructions on matters and effect as necessary
2. Advise clients during interviews conducted in the office or by telephone
3. Keep abreast of current legal matters, in particular, in relation to changes in the law and other regulations within the area involved
4. Effectively and efficiently, particularly with regard to cost, following the systems laid down by the Practice
5. Deal with correspondence and paperwork as appropriate
6. Form working relationships with other departments providing complimentary services and develop cross selling techniques within the firm (including financial services)
7. Maintain an efficient filing system in the manner laid down in the Office Manual and to open and close files to agreed routines
8. Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental precedents
9. To represent the Practice to external organisations as required by the Partners, and contribute to the general standing of the Practice within the community
1 Qualified solicitor or Private Client Practioner with proven private client knowledge
2 STEP membership or working towards membership (but not essential)
3 Excellent working knowledge Microsoft Office
4 A high level of interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
5 Maintain a friendly and sensitive manner, articulate, cooperative and self-confident when dealing with client enquiries
6 Ability to meet deadlines and to work as an effective team member
7 Commercially aware and business focused
8 Ability to work well under pressure
9 A friendly and reliable team person who is pro-active with the ability to be flexible and adaptable
10 Ability to meet time recording and costs targets
11 Previous experience of Case Management Systems (including ISOKON – but not essential).
12 A good standard of general education
In a general sense, everyone within the firm takes responsibility for risk management it is therefore your duty to:-
Notify the risk manager in the event of a new instruction having a high risk profile if it relates to your job role
Report any suspicion of money laundering or financial crime to the compliance officer for legal practice (COLP), compliance officer for finance and administration (COFA), money laundering reporting officer (MLRO) or risk manager (as appropriate).
Inform the risk manager if there are any unusual circumstances in the progress of a matter including any potential compliance breaches
Notify the risk manager if a concluding risk assessment identifies the possibility of a claim or a complaint.
Eaton Smith LLP is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment and in which all decisions are based on merit. We aim to ensure that all staff are treated and treat others with dignity and respect.