We are always interested in receiving CVs from talented individuals who would like to contribute to the future of our firm. Please send your CV to Jonathan Clegg, HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job ID: PISolicotor Closing Date: 24/04/2019
Position: Personal Injury Litigator or Solicitor
Department: Personal Injury
Responsible to: Head of Department
Hours: 5 days (37 hours)
Litigator or Solicitor/Chartered Legal Executive with 2 years PQE
To manage a varied caseload of up to 200 cases mainly comprising Fast Track general PI to include EL/PL/RTA with a small volume of Multi-Track. The caseload will include litigated cases. The candidate will be expected to handle claims from the initial consultation with the client until conclusion
The department comprises 1 partner, 4 fee earners and 4 support staff. The Partner is a member of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel and a Senior Litigator with APIL. The firm has corporate accreditation with APIL. We are a close knit team which thrives on success and takes pride in being able to assist injured Claimants.
1. To manage an agreed caseload of clients in consultation with the Head of Department; to include litigated cases. All cases are processed through the Proclaim Case Management System.
2. To discuss the claims process and funding arrangements with prospective new personal injury clients
3. To be able to work on a stand-alone basis with minimal supervision
4. Be fully conversant with the MOJ Portal and be able to litigate cases up to Stage 3.
5. Be able to fully risk assess, make own decisions, consider medical evidence, assess quantum and negotiate settlements to ensure a swift settlement of cases.
6. To carry out all work in accordance with national standards, codes of conduct and quality assurance procedures.
7. To assist in the overall development of the Personal Injury Department
1. Must have a good knowledge and experience of general personal injury claims to include the MOJ Portal up to Stage 3.
2. Assertive, articulate, co-operative and self-confident when dealing with clients
3. Ambitious, focused and driven individual
4. Pro-active and willing to work as part of a close-knit team
5. High level of interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
6. Experience of using a case management system
7. Knowledge and understanding of Conditional Fee Agreements and the funding of claims.
8. Experience of dealing with the public
9. An individual who wishes to provide added value to the LLP and contribute to the continued success of Eaton Smith LLP
Eaton Smith LLP is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment and in which all decisions are based on merit. We aim to ensure that all staff are treated and treat others with dignity and respect.