…with you every step of the way!
We are always interested in receiving CVs from talented individuals who would like to contribute to the future of our firm. Please send your CV to Jonathan Clegg, HR Manager, at email@example.com
Job ID: FamilySolicitor Closing Date: 16/11/2019
Position: Family Solicitor
Responsible to: Senior Partner
Hours: Full time
- To provide an effective legal service to clients for Family and Matrimonial matters
- To support other fee earners within the department
- To provide a high standard of legal advice to clients
Main duties & responsibilities
- Take instructions on matters and effect necessary action in relation to Mediation, Matrimonial Property Disputes, Children Matters and Collaborative law.
- Offer advice and pursue matters under the Legal Aid Scheme including Legal Aid supervision.
- Keep abreast of current legal matters generally, in particular in relation to changes in the law and other regulations in the areas you are involved in.
- Manage the caseload efficiently, cost effectively, following systems and standards laid down by the Practice.
- Attend court. All types of application before the judge particularly applications relating to children.
- Produce own case documentation as appropriate
- Delegate work of an appropriate level to secretarial staff and support staff
- Represent the practice to external organisations as required by the Partners and to contribute to the general standing of the practice in the community.
- Effective practice of the law, quality standards maintenance. A high level of interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills.
- A relevant degree and completion of Law Society finals examinations. A Current practising certificate. Membership of the Family Law panel would be an advantage.
- Experience gained in family law.
- Working knowledge of Word and Outlook.
- Assertive, articulate, cooperative and self confident when dealing with clients enquiries.
Eaton Smith LLP is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals are able to make best use of their skills, free from discrimination or harassment and in which all decisions are based on merit. We aim to ensure that all staff are treated and treat others with dignity and respect.